Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Truck is broken....

Well, Being without a useful vehicle is DEFINITELY not my cup of tea. I have been looking out the window at Truckety now, for about 12 hours......Willing it better, but its not working.......Is there a secret document somewhere that says Mechanics get the entire weekend off? Why does there website say, OPEN SAT 8 30 to 12, And then no one answers at all!? WHY?! Terrible, I say.....Terrible...

Now being a DEPENDENT, I must forgo my delicious cigarettes and musical accompaniment to school, REAL NICE.

Ill be forced to carry a backpack filled with food, and gloves, ALL day! Oh I can foresee a long day ahead with an aching back, cold buns, cuz now without the protection of Truckety Ill have to sit on a cold stone during the breaks at school, and prolly develop PILES...REAL NICE! After the surgery my flat iron ass will never be the same......The Torture!

Then after 230 Ill return home to sit and gaze blankly at the television, dreaming of long open roads, the wind in my hair, and the soft sound of Trucketys engine roaring with might no man besides myself, has ever known.......So sad!

This nightmare wont end there....On Monday during my banana and cigarette break, I will be obligated to call the Mechanic whom, I imagine is completely rested after neglecting worrying about his work for 2 whole days, and ask for an appointment, which, He'll likely say to me " Sure Karl, I can fit you in, just make sure you bring a few weeks worth of paychecks" Thanks Alot God........My banana wont taste very good at all....My body will suddenly reject the potassium locked within...The cigarette will burn rapidly down to my lip as I realize how poor I will be for weeks to come.....Burning the flesh, I will return to work, only to be accused of having a Herp.

I just cannot cope.

I will sadly bring my Truckety to the Automotive surgery department, Monday evening, leaving it alone overnight so that it can be exposed to the sights and sounds of street folk, and street folk behaviors....Poor Truckety...IM SORRY! OH.....

Of course Tuesday will come with Nerves of racket...and certain paralyzing tension....waiting for my phone to buzz......God, did the mechanic forget my number? Should I call just to make sure? Is Truckety ok?! The worries will mount, and become part of my all tainted nervous system.....Ill likely make several machining mistakes at work.....Laughing nervously and shaken, My supervisor will ask me for a drug test, and Ill pee accidentally on the edge of the cup.....Gross.....

By then also the scab on my lip will start to itch as most wounds do when they heal, but I wont let it....I'll pick at it until only a half a lip remains, causing concern and blood gets on my jeans......Pick,pick,pick,pick........

Then at lunch time, my phone will ring and all will be well.....YAY!

I love my Truck. Together we are a team, we go places no one really wants to know about....."I'll Never Tell".........

No comments:

Post a Comment